question

chainmaster avatar image
chainmaster asked

Ve-configure not working with new file format

Hi there,
i am just working on an Easysolar.
I did the firmware update right now via VRM. So far so good.
But since then the VE-configure program is not working anymore.
The new file format can not be opened and changed.
I downloaded the config file via VRM to my (Linux)computer onto a USB stick.
To change the settings i have to use a (borrowed) Windows computer and use the VE-Configure Tool there, then save the file back to the USB-device and re-upload it onto the Easy via VRM connection.

Up to last weed this (annoying) procedere worked at least.
Since the firmware update the new fileformat can not to be opened on the VE-configure tool.

I guess the system ist running right now, VRM shows its working, but how can i make changes in the setup, especially ESS and or virtual switch?

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you get an error message?
Can you upload the config file here?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chainmaster avatar image chainmaster commented ·

Hello Matthias,

thank you for the answer. I found out quite a lot by myself.

The config files have two different endings. There are .rvsc files and

.rvms files.

I could only see this on my Linux computer but not on the shitty Windows stuff, where I can only see colorful icons.

Obviously Ve-configure can open .rvsc files and I can edit these filetypes.

So how can I send the config file to you? I think there is a fault in my configuration but I dont see what I did wrong :-))

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ chainmaster commented ·
Is it a system with more than one VE.Bus device? If yes you need to use the "VE.Bus System Configurator"

Normally Windows should open that automatically if you double click on the downloaded file.

0 Likes 0 ·
chainmaster avatar image chainmaster Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

yes you are rght, the program is called VE bus system configurator. Thats the stuff only running on crappy Windows. Right now i can open and edit the .rvsc files - thats fine . Where these other files came from i dont know.

I can download the .rvsc files and edit and reupload them

Now i will have to get the virtual switch working like i want it to do. Up to now its not doing what it is meant to do bur i will find out in time.

0 Likes 0 ·
chainmaster avatar image chainmaster Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

and now i have the next problem.

I downloaded the config file (.rvsc), moved it via a USB-Stick to the Windows computer, edited it and saved it back to that USB-Stick (same filename).

The i tried to upload the (edited) file back to the system via VRM upload

It doesnt work with the message

An error occured during the configuration process.

Error Message: "Updating a single unit with another unit's settings is not possible, even if they are of the same type"

Error: mk2vsc-48

Same filetype, same system, same filename, it worked some times before.

It is a pitty that we cant use different filenames, so there is no history of configuration files. It would be nice to have names like

january.rvsc, march.rvsc, and so on to see what was changed over the times.

0 Likes 0 ·
chainmaster avatar image
chainmaster answered ·

I solved the problem, this question can be closed

2 |3000