question

alterboy avatar image
alterboy asked

400 amp fuse

I am totally electronics illiterate but cant find anyone in the keys to work on my system . My multipluss 3000 is not charging or inverting either. Lights read low battery and main on. Bank has been in steady decline and is now around 40% . Solar is starting to bring that up . I dont get any reading on either side of the 400 amp fuse but it does not look blown. How do I check that fuse ?

THanks for any help

Alterboy

fuses
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Alterboy

How are you trying to do the reading?

What would be draining your battery if the inverter is not working?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
alterboy avatar image
alterboy answered ·

I am hooked to shore power with the battery charge on but it does not seem to be getting to the batteries . I dont have much on the dc side . Fans radio , There is the hot water heater though.

I am trying to measure both sides of the fuse with a multi meter. Black to ground bar and red to one or the other side of the fuse ......no reading .

THank you for the quick reply

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hominidae avatar image hominidae commented ·
...my understanding of how to check if a fuse is blown, is to check for it's resistance between each pole with the multi meter. A fuse that is not blown will present itsself with zero resistance, like a piece of wire ... a blown fuse will show as a pice of dry wood ;-)
0 Likes 0 ·
alterboy avatar image
alterboy answered ·

I did have a HIGH TEMPERATURE problem this summer where we had to shut down the system till now when I can run the Air conditioner on shore power and cool things off.

2 |3000

pyrorider avatar image
pyrorider answered ·

Take the fuse out (when everything is shut down!) and use a multimeter to check continuity and resistance of the fuse

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic