question

toolsup avatar image
toolsup asked

Ripple Warning On Shore Power

I am having a problem that I don’t understand. When I am plugged into shore power and use a high drew item like the microwave (12.5amps) or air conditioner I am getting a low battery, battery voltage ripple, and sometimes an overload warning from the Victron App.
It’s strange because I don’t get any warnings when high draw items without shore power, everything seems to work fine when the power is coming from the batteries through the inverter.

At first, I thought maybe the shore power source may have not been providing 30amp’s and the inverter was kicking in to make up the difference. But it is happening anywhere I plug into a 30amp service.

Below is what I have installed.

4.00 BB10012 - Battle Born 12V 100Ah

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120v VE Bus

Victron BMV-712 Battery Monitor

Victron Lynx Distributor

VE.Bus Smart dongle

SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 Charge Controller with Bluetooth

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
toolsup avatar image
toolsup answered ·

Problem solved. I got with Battle Born batteries and Brendon help me correct a few settings that weren't correct and now everything is working as expected.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

Can you list those incorrect settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
craig-pretzinger avatar image craig-pretzinger commented ·
Please let us know what the settings you used were? I have this same issue

0 Likes 0 ·
travelswithtudee avatar image
travelswithtudee answered ·

We have just had this issue resolved via help from Brandon at Battleborn. We've had our set up for over a year without issue. We had to take a mandatory firmware update in August for the Bluetooth dongle. After the update, we started to have an issue where the system worked fine when not plugged into shore power but if we plugged in, the more current we allowed the system to take from shore, the worst the issue - Battery Voltage Ripple, Overload and sometimes Low Battery. We could consistently generate this problem with the microwave, the refrigerator and the A/C. It appears the update via the dongle changed some settings on our two Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 inverters. We did not have a MK3 to USB adapter to be able to run VictronConnect via a PC so we did not have access to all the values in Settings. We purchased one for $72.25 from Battleborn. Once received, Brandon had us update the firmware on the inverters. The update reset settings back to factory defaults but the main setting causing the issue was the "Dynamic Current Limit". By default this is ON but should be OFF. Turning this option to off seems to have fixed our problem. Our configuration is with Battle Born LiFePo batteries so I'm not sure if other battery configurations need something different.

2 |3000