question

wolf-lat avatar image
wolf-lat asked

Multiplus doesn't have correct grid code

My Multiplus 24/1200/25-16 does not have the correct grid code for my country, how can I add it to the Multiplus?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Barabas Claudiu avatar image
Barabas Claudiu answered ·

In vrm app go to device list - > Remote VE Config and download the generated file and you can edit the configuration file using the VEConfigure 3. can be downloaded from the same page

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

I'm led to believe if the Unit is NOT shipped with the correct grid code for your country you can't change it, I have 3 Multiplus 1st gen and they all don't have the South African grid code. They were imported back in 2017 .

4 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Denzel

When you update firmware the newer grid codes are added.

1 Like 1 ·
denzel avatar image denzel Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Hi @Alexandra , I understand codes will be updated with later firmware, but I have notice if the country doesn't appear on the Grid Code selection it will never appear. This is my unit after many firmware updates the South African code never appeared.

1666501560269.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1666501560269.png (24.5 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ denzel commented ·

Is the ve config software up to date? That would also need to be the latest.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
It is there.

... img-20221023-wa0000.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Wolf_LAT

What country code are you looking for?

For most of the world that does not have strict legal/grid compliance requirements, the 'other non compliant' option is there.

You only really need the grid code for the ESS assistant, so if you do t intend on using that then you dont need to set the grid code at all.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

As far as I am aware the grid code won't appear on models that aren't certificated for NRS097, which is limited to MP2 3k and 5k models (and their GX/EasySolar variants).

2 |3000