question

denzel avatar image
denzel asked

Strange issue with VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge Controller (NaN 'C)

HI All,

3 Days after the lates firmware update my VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge Controller suddenly stopped working. Even though there are all the requirement to produce solar energy the controller remains at 0W . The only thing i noticed the "Battery Temperature reads NaN 'C" . I have 2 other VE.Direct controllers and they work fine. Screenshot 2022-10-18 111006.png

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
thanar avatar image
thanar answered ·

This has happened to me a couple of times on SmartSolar MPPTs, seems like removing everything from the units for a few seconds fixes the issue.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

denzel avatar image denzel commented ·

Hi Thanar, Thanks for your suggestion but it didnt work. Mine is stuck on Synchronized Charging. Only the VE.CAN MPPT controller is doing this. The rest are fine. Surfing the we most users have recently encountered this issue after V3.11 upgrade.

0 Likes 0 ·
denzel avatar image
denzel answered ·

I seemed to have solved my issue after much testing. My setup is as such 2* 250/100 VE.Direct MPPT Solar Charge controllers and 1* 250/100 VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge controller. This setup worked perfect for the past 3 months. Today the 250/100 VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge controller went to "0". after a lot of troubleshooting somehow the 3 units in the VE Network got confused as there were 2 Units acting as the Master Controller. So, i deleted the VE Network, Added the 2 VE.Direct MPPT Solar Charge controllers, I then added the VE.CAN MPPT Solar Charge controller which became the master and it worked so far. I will keep monitoring and update.

2 |3000