question

shane-cadman avatar image
shane-cadman asked

Victron blue smart ip67 12/25 battery charger

Hi all I have the victron blue smart ip67 12/25, charging a 135ah voltax lithium battery which is working perfectly.

My question is, I'd like to add another 135ah battery can this charger handle both batteries or do I need another larger charger and if so what size . It's for my pop top caravan .

Cheers in advance.

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
elewis33 avatar image
elewis33 answered ·

I use that same charger on a 206aH battery and it works like a charm. You basically have to divide your total amp hours of battery by the maximum amps output you use for the charger, to determine how long it will take to charge both batteries.

So if my 206aH battery is completely flat (down to shutdown voltage) it's gonna take that charger somewhere between 7 and 8 hours to charge it.

Depending on your installation you should be able to add another charging source (i.e. solar) if you find that you really need it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic