question

pierre-pieterse avatar image
pierre-pieterse asked

solar is not providing power to loads

I installed a 10Kva quattro with 2 mppts and 12 panels on each.

The system has been running fine and solar power has been supplying the loads, however there was still a lot of excess solar power not being utilized. we then added the non essential loads onto ac output two. but since then it will only use battery power and solar power until the set limit on the ess is reached, then it does not any solar power. Is there something I might be missing?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

You haven't provided any specifics on your setup so that doesn't help.

On face value it sounds like your system is imbalanced and just behaving like an ESS system does.

If your loads are greater than available solar, the system supplements with battery.

When the battery hits your minimum SOC then the system goes to grid and any solar is used to charge the battery again until +- 2-5% above the minimum, when battery will be used again.

So it sounds like your loads are far too much for the amount of PV you have available.

Without charts and specifics, I can't say for sure.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.