question

h2f avatar image
h2f asked

Shorted remote pins kills Orion 24/12-70?

My Orion 24/12-70 turns on/off via a simple 3-pin lighted switch — which were connected to left side remote pin, right side remote pin, and ground /truck chasis (which is needed for the tiny LED in the switch to light on). Not connected to any additional power source.

The LED in the switch stopped working and I attempted to replace with identical 3-pin lighted switch, and I must have inadvertently shorted one of the remote pins to ground. The Orion now will not turn on when I jumped the switch. And There’s no voltage from either of the remote on/off pins. Any ways to reset/salvage my 24/12-70?

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

b-champ avatar image b-champ commented ·
I had the very same thing happen. I’m hoping someone answers this question. It would be helpful if Victron included an internal fuse in the Orion. Or, maybe the internal switch can be replaced… schematic or part number anyone?
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@H2F the remote connector for the Orion can be used three ways. Both connections can be closed like when the device is delivered with a simple loop. The left hand side pin can be connected to negative supply. The right hand pin can be connected to positive supply. Any of these three scenarios will cause the Orion to operate.

Perhaps the “engine on” sensor is active and it doesn’t sense the engine is on?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.