question

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird asked

Quattro AC2 out time delay

In the past I have requested as an “idea” feature that the Quattro AC2 output time delay be reduced from 2 minutes as that was way too long in most cases to allow for a generator settle.

I was on a clients boat the other day when I saw a “Programmable Relay Assistant” used to set AC2 out relay on after power being on ACin1 or ACin2 after 15 seconds.

I have never used assistants and I really do feel I’m arriving very late to the party here, so can I use this to set the delay to whatever time I want? In other words is the lack of support for my brilliant idea because everyone knows they can do it very simply using an assistant so why don’t I just do that?

Just confirming that this will work so I can consider this quietly sitting at home before trying it on a boat somewhere and wondering if It will work the way I think it should.

Humbled but never defeated…..haha…

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

I can't find the other question from you about that but there are a few others out there.

Yes using the relay assistant will overwrite the default behavior of the AC out 2 relay.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE ...many thanks Matthius, I posted previously a long time ago not realsing that everyone was simply using an assistant to resolve the problem. :)

It was here https://community.victronenergy.com/idea/103753/quattro-ac-out-2-fixed-delay-in-some-cases-is-too.html

The more I learn about these devices the more humbling it is when I realise just how little I know!!

2 |3000