question

eyacht avatar image
eyacht asked

Is there a way to manage load switching between 2 AC sources?

Hi everyone. I currently have port & starboard battery banks, 48V & 540Ah, each with 2 Quattro 48V-220V-5000W inverter-chargers in parallel. The AC out 1 from these go to a 12V-220V-5000W Quattro, starboard side goes to AC In 1 and port goes to AC in 2 (starboard is therefore the primary/priority side in case both sides are inverting). I am looking to take the 12V Quattro out of the system and provide AC to the ring-main directly from the 48V Quattros. Simplistically, I could have a port/starboard selector switch, but I'm wondering if there is something that would manage the transfer from one to the other more "gently" than suddenly switching all loads from one side to the other, while also not interrupting the power supply. The 12V Quattro currently handles this but what if it wasn't there?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
eyacht avatar image
eyacht answered ·

And 30 seconds after posting this I found Transfer Switches ... seems like I just replace the 12V Quattro with one of these. Is there anything else to it?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.