question

Tom Ranson avatar image
Tom Ranson asked

MP ii inverter generating more power than ET112 grid meter is calling for

Hi all,

We are using our MP ii for an ESS in a grid-parallel topology. We have an ET112 configured as a grid meter. We want a net-zero export, so as to export no power to the grid.

All loads and the grid supply are located on AC-In. AC-Out-1 and 2 are not used in our scenario. All PV generation is on the DC side.

We are experiencing an issue where the MP ii inverter is generating more power than the ET112 is calling for. For example, if the inverter is turned on with an ET112 measured load of 300W, the inverter will initially generate 300W ish watts, then it will accelerate away and generate hundreds and eventually thousands of watts (verified using a clamp multimeter and our household smart meter), eventually going into overload after 20 seconds or so. But the inverter should only be generating the amount of power called for by the ET112, i.e. 300W measured should result in the inverter generating only 300 ish W.

The only way we have been able to limit the inverter power output has been to enable the inverter limit and set it for example to 300W. It then behaves as expected, but obviously is generating a static 300W output, not the dynamic power output we need it to.

I appreciate that you'll no doubt require further information, however can anyone help me track down the issue here please? At the moment we're having to use the MP ii in charger only mode, and continue using our 3rd party inverter, which works just fine with a dynamic load and responding with dynamic output.

Many thanks.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
paulcupine avatar image
paulcupine answered ·

Basic question... have you checked the "DC coupled PV - feed in excess" ?

You should have this disabled.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.