question

grak avatar image
grak asked

Victron Energy MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-32 12V 3000VA Unresponsive

Hi,

I have recently installed our Victron Energy MultiPlus-II 12/3000/120-32 12V 3000VA in our camper which is connected via a lynx distributor (300a fuse) to a 480ah lithium battery via a blue sea isolation switch.

When I turn the inverter on, nothing happens, literally nothing. We have a number of other victron products in the system, 100/50 mppt, cerbo gx, smart shunt, isolated Orion and all of these work fine.

The 12v components work fine, lights work, heater works, water heater works however for some reason nothing happens with the inverter.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
the-doon avatar image
the-doon answered ·

Have you checked that you have voltage at the DC input terminals at the Multi? The inrush current when you first connect can be quite high so maybe a blown fuse? Also check the remote on/off link is in properly. Another thing to look at is that when you put the screw in the bottom right corner you didn’t put too much pressure on the switch cable and pop the back off the switch.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grak avatar image grak commented ·

Thanks for the response.

I’ve checked voltage at the terminals, it’s showing as 13.27v which is expected. Both the link and switch seem fine, no damage on either and all in place securely. Literally at a dead end as to what it could be. We’ve got a trickle charge connected but I don’t see that as being any reason why it would make the unit unresponsive!?

0 Likes 0 ·
the-doon avatar image the-doon grak commented ·

Just had a quick look at the manual and it shows a push button (A) up in behind the remote on/off terminal block. It says it’s for a startup without assistants. Maybe worth a try? I installed the same unit in the back of my ute about a year ago and didn’t have to do anything other than connect it up and turn it on. Just another thing I noticed is that the recommended fuse size is 400A for this unit.

Only thing I can suggest it to disconnect all of the AC wiring so that the only thing connected is the DC input, double check the polarity and replace that fuse just in case it’s actually blown and the voltage reduces once a load is applied. The inrush current may have damaged that 300A fuse. Have a look at using a resistor for pre charge before connecting the battery after changing the fuse.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Remove the VE.Bus cable and try again.

If it switches on without the cable check if it is connected to the correct port at the Cerbo. A common mistake is to plug the RJ45 cable to the ethernet port of the Cerbo.

2 |3000