question

solarmessie avatar image
solarmessie asked

What are the differences if any exist?

I would like to buy a BlueSolar MPPT 150/45 but there is one MC4 (SCC010045300) and 2 TR models:

SCC010045200

SCC010045222

I wonder why that is? There was somewhere a hint for the ...222 designated as "automotive".

Is there anyone that could explain.

I chose a bluesolar because it will connect via cerbo.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
johanndo avatar image
johanndo answered ·

TR are with screw terminals, the MC have MC4 connectors for solar panels. I personally prefer the TR, because I use thicker wires from the controllers to the solar distribution and proper lugs. Much better connection in my opinion. Internally they are the same.

SmartSolar make sense even with a cerbo. Anyway, your choice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarmessie avatar image
solarmessie answered ·

Hi johanndo,

and many thanks for your response but the TR and MC4 distinction wasn't the question. I prefer TR as a connection too. Apparently there are two TR versions as I mentioned above. Any idea why there are two SCC numbers? Like I wrote one was mentioned by a vendor as automotive. But searching on the victron website wasn't conclusive.

Could you please explain a bit more on why the SmartSolar makes more sense than BlueSolar in join with Cerbo?

2 |3000