question

Keith avatar image
Keith asked

Uninterrupted AC power switching to inverter overloads first attempt.

When on the grid shore power and I test by turning shore power off, the inverter doesn't come on in 20 milliseconds like advertised. It faults, then will come on. Testing with 1 AC running with a softstart installed on it. My concern is that lag shuts off devices like my AC. If not in the RV and pets are there and power outage happens just briefly, it sets my AC to off, requiring manually turning it back on. Dragonfly said to Check Dynamic current limit and weak ac in setting. I am not sure if this is correct from what I have read. Any help here greatly appreciated. I have 4 100 amp Battleborns wired in parallel with 4/0 wire.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
Is the UPS setting checked on the grid tab?
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Keith avatar image Keith commented ·
I'll look today. Should it be checked?
0 Likes 0 ·
Thank you. The UPS setting was not on. That resolved the issue. It instantly switches over to inverter with my AC running.....but, if the VE Bus Smart Dongle has the network cable connected to the Multiplus II. It goes into overload,low battery for about 20 seconds before kicking on the inverter. The AC shuts off, but it amazingly comes back on without resetting to the off. Before with the UPS setting off, the AC never came back on without turning it back on manually at the thermostat. Battleborn Said there is a software issue with the smart dongle and hoping for an update within a week. So after I setup and at my spot and configure settings, just unplug the smart dongle. Thanks for your input!
0 Likes 0 ·
stvaughn avatar image
stvaughn answered ·

I have the same issue with my Multiplus II 2x120 with 2 206AH SOK’s. Distributor says not enough batteries. In my case batteries and inverter shut down. Ordered another 206 so I’ll see if that helps.

Steve

1 comment
2 |3000

See my last reply. Check that UPS setting.worked for me.
0 Likes 0 ·