question

webcurler avatar image
webcurler asked

Smartsolar MPPT 75/15 max charge current dictating max load current

I would like a max current of 10A on the load output and to charge my small LifePo4 with 4A.

But if i specify max charge current of 4A then that's all i get on the load output.

Is there a way around this as at the moment I've got it set to 9A which is fast charging the battery which i'd prefer not to do?

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Curler. I wasn't aware that the load terminals limited A, but you could just avoid using them.

Maybe take your loads straight from the batt, in effect from the batt terminals on the mppt. There may be a more suitable place though..

You'll need to find a suitable A to limit to. Maybe 5A from from the mppt, 5A from the batt for a 10A load, then when the load's off you'll have 5A back to the batt.

Too clunky and not what you want? - understood. But you'd need to step up with more hardware to solve this in a more refined manner.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic