question

karl-erik-rabakukk avatar image
karl-erik-rabakukk asked

Multiplus alarm relay programming by temperature (incl low-temp cut-off)

Hello,

I have a Multiplus 12/1600/70. In system are also a BlueSolar 100/30 MPPT and a Renogy 20A DC-DC charger. Theres a BMV-712 monitor and a DIY 560Ah LiFePO4 battery bank. I need a low-temperature cut-off for the chargers. BMV relay is already in use.

Main question: I understand that Multiplus is programmable to have a low-temp cut-off, as explained here https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/53695/using-a-chargeinverter-with-lithium-ion.html and here https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/112472/multiplus-low-temperature-cutoff.html . But can the alarm relay ports then be programmed to switch other 2 chargers on/off as well by same temperature setting?

If can't, then probably will put a temp sensor controlled relay on the AC input and from same signal will switch other chargers too. But if can, then probably will buy the MK3 connector and try. Would be silly to have such a smart device and still wire stuff around it.

All the best

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Karl Erik Rabakukk

I can't say much about the Renogy. I have never used one. You can use the VE direct port for remote on off, the downside being data comms with a GX is no longer possible.

The mppt can be remotely switched on and off though by the bms itself.

Or this way.

In the mppt settings there is also a low temp cut off in its own settings, but it will need data from either the smart battery sense or the bmv on a smart network to work.

If you have a Cerbo GX you can use STS in DVCC. I have not tested the low temp cut off here. But assume it works as most compatible batteries use this function.

Or the program the Cerbo relays with actions triggered on temperature.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.