question

dtronn avatar image
dtronn asked

What would be the max/min wire size for 100/50 mppt if I'm running 3- 200 watt panels, and 4 -100 amp hr batteries ?

Following Exploristlife.com I think I have been misled by the diagrams and parts listing. I purchased a package through the site, but found the battery(parallel) wires to be called out for 2/0. Seemed a bit overkill, and the mppt 100/50 to bus bar called out @ 4awg; which will not fit... do I need a bigger mppt?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@DTronn

The manual has everything you need.

The tech specs section recommended 16mm or awg6 for battery cable. If you are making long runs consider using a bus bar and moving up to the larger size wire..

The bigger your links between batteries the better othewise you will get even worse current sharing, but the lynx power in will help with that, if you decide to use it, then you can use smaller wiring16mm for each individual battery. See victrons wiring unlimited book for more information.

Fusing size can be found here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.