question

Harry Keith avatar image
Harry Keith asked

MPPT voltage sense

I have 2 mppt 75/15. I also have a multiplus with a ve.bus smart dongle. I do not have a servo or any other hub in the system. The smart dongle reads direct battery voltage, the mppt read voltage at the controller output which when charging is about 25 volts higher than the battery.

It would seem to be a logical connection for the smart dongle to feed battery voltage to the mppt controllers. But that does not seem to be the case.

Is it possible to make that connection? Is there any other way for the controllers to read true battery voltage?

I have sort of compensated by raising the target charge voltages to the upper limit of the batteries recommended charge voltage.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

There is VE.Smart Networking, but VE.Bus Smart Dongle does not work with that. Read the link for details about what would you need.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

the mppt read voltage at the controller output which when charging is about 25 volts higher than the battery

25V difference? This can't be right.

2 |3000