question

johnlin avatar image
johnlin asked

MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-50 120V Output dies when switching Modes

My brother contacted me yesterday saying he was having power control issues. He has exactly the same setup as I do.

I tried duplicating what he reported and here is what I found.

SETUP:

Inverter: MultiPlus Compact 12/2000/80-50 120V Firmware v430
VE Bus Smart Dongle Firmware v1.11 Boot v1.04
The trailer/Victron Inverter is connected to 50A shore power.
Two Battleborn Batteries, 2 year old 100AH charged to 100%
The Inverter Output is running at about 120V AC ~400W.

App - VictronConnect v5.59 on a Galaxy S9 hardware REV1.1 Model SM-G960U

Results:

The Inverter 120 Volt AC out voltage drops to Zero when I use the app to change from "Invert Only" to "Charge Only". Immediately the app shows "Charge Only". After about a 10 second delay the Output returns to a normal 120V AC.

The Inverter 120 Volt AC out voltage drops to Zero when I use the app to change from "Charge Only" to "Invert Only". Immediately the app then shows "Invert Only". After as much as "One Minute" the AC Output returns to the normal 120V AC.

Intermittently, When I use the app to change from "Charge Only" to "Invert Only" the AC output goes to zero but the app display shows "ON" instead of "Invert Only". After a delay the AC Output returns to 120V.

When I use the app to change from "ON" to "Invert Only" or change from "ON" to "Charge Only" the Inverter output stays constant at 120V AC.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

This sounds like fairly normal behaviour, though a 1 minute delay for inverter start up would be unusual.

It would be unreasonable to expect un-interupted AC output when switching modes - as this goes through the off position when done manually.

Why are you switching modes? it would be normal to use charge only when putting the system into maintenance mode - where ac out would not be wanted. At all other times just use 'on' and let the inverter sense when external ac is available.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.