question

jans avatar image
jans asked

Differnce between two MPPT 250/100

I need upgrade EasySolar-II 5000 with second MPPT. I see in shop 2 MPPT 250/100. One is SCC125110412 and other SCC125110441. What is the difference between these two models.

As I understand it, you need to use VE.Direct and remote wire in parallel to connect to the existing one.

Thanks.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image
Warwick Bruce Chapman answered ·

One is the BlueSolar and one is the SmartSolar. The SmartSolar has built-in Bluetooth.

We only use the SmartSolar in our operation, because the Bluetooth is helpful for troubleshooting and commissioning.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jans avatar image
jans answered ·

Thanks, got it!

Am I thinking about the connection correctly? VE.Can is not used.

1 comment
2 |3000

Warwick Bruce Chapman avatar image Warwick Bruce Chapman commented ·
Bluetooth is for configuration / troubleshooting, not for operational communication with the system that includes a GX device.

In the case of a system with a GX device, you can use either VE.Direct or VE.Can.

VE.Can has the advantage of being able to connect many units on a single bus ie. one (GX) to many (MPPTs) wheres each VE.Direct port can only be used for one MPPT (one to one).

0 Likes 0 ·
jans avatar image
jans answered ·

I think in EasySolar-II 5000 VE.Can is only for BMS. it is correct to use VE.Direct-USB and MPPT remote switch port wire in parallel to the existing one MPPT?

2 |3000