question

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa asked

Lynx Distributor cover to replace Busbar sleeve

I'm installing a couple Victron systems and using the Lynx Distributor for the first time as a bus bar instead of the traditional negative busbar and the positive fused busbar with cover. I connect the outgoing cables to the inverter from the busbars usually covered with the red or black sleeve.

However, when connecting these cables, I noticed that the bus bar remains exposed which may be a little unsafe in some environments. I will try to cover these with some ducting for these but think it would be a good idea if Victron could come up with an end cover to protect the exposed segments of the busbars.

whatsapp-image-2022-05-09-at-124204-pm.jpeg

(Image is of incomplete instalation)

Has anyone worked a cover of anykind for these? If so, please share you experience or suggestions. Would a purpose made cover provided by Victron be something you would use?

lynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@ponzoa

I use silicon battery covers from Amazon. They are fairly cheap and come in different sizes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

I cut off the external busbars just inside of the Lynx Distributor,and then blanked off the busbar apertures.

ef51f398-b5e2-4a86-971f-a1ed716212a4.jpegbc4c1825-5d46-4bc0-b279-76cab5785786.jpeg

2 |3000

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic