question

jjv avatar image
jjv asked

BMV 712 Incorrectly Shows 12 Volt System

I have two SOK 12 volt 100 Ah batteries wired in Series for 24 volts. My Connect App shows "Starter Battery" under Input: 26 to 27 volts depending on load, charge... this is a correct display. The Output section on my Connect App under "Voltage" shows 13.03 volts at the moment. I am completely confused as to what is causing the approx 12 volt voltage display since my system is a 24 volt system. Can you advise what might be causing this?

Also, I will admit that the term "Starter Battery" means little to me, this is an off grid system that I have designed and installed to run a home freezer and a few small items like lights. Do you know of any resource that actually explains why my battery bank is displayed as a Starter Battery? (Did I purchase the wrong battery monitor for what I am using it for?)

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

BMV quick install guide #12 is probably what you need to wire your BMV / batteries up as.

Unless you need a temp sensor??

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.