question

ajr avatar image
ajr asked

Bmv-712 not showing current draw

My bmv-712 was working fine for a month or two, but now it's not showing any current draw when I have things turned on that would previously show up as loads (lights, fan, etc.). Very weird (the lights and fans run, so current is flowing, but zero is shown on the app). Anyone have an idea?

TIA

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Possibly a bad connection between the 712 and shunt

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Power cycle the BMV.

Disconnect all loads/charger/other from system side of the shunt.

Enter Battery Settings > Zero current calibration (CALIBRATE) - make sure you read the prompt before executing.

Restore system to original config.

Hope.

2 |3000

ajr avatar image
ajr answered ·

Well it's an even bigger mystery now that it's working again. I did the zero calibration, but it was ready working before that. No idea why it stopped or started working again. I will update this thread if I ever figure out the root cause.

2 |3000