question

ripnc avatar image
ripnc asked

Multi II 2x120 showed no AC input while auto transfer switch showed shore power was good

I have 12v 3k 2x120 in my RV fed by an ATS (shorepower/genset). I was away and the unit was connected to a 120v 30A supply and using assist. It appears that there were some vootage fluctuations and the MP2 reported to AC input. The transfer switch displayed good shore power. When I returned i shut power off at pedestal and then back on and all returned to normal. Is it possible the MP2 was protecting itself and somehow the power cycle reset things?

All seems well now but this is concerning for the future when we're not in the RV when it happens.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

check the in coming power voltages as if they go out of spec to the inverters settings then the inverter turns the incoming power off and then turns it back on when it gets to the reset level,

its hard to say but if it happens again measure the incoming voltage at the inverter and then compair it to the inverters setting

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ripnc avatar image
ripnc answered ·

My watchdog EMS indicated no alarms and never lost power or shut power to the RV. The Watchdog only reported a low of 106v (MP2 using default low vootage - 95v if I recall). There is an auto transfer swich between the Watchdog and the MP2. When I returned to the RV the Watchdog indicated 118v before I cycled the breaker at the pedestal. This is perplexing and concerning.

I'd never been in an older park on only 30A 120v power until this one event and we were only there one night. Maybe I can reproduce the event with a long extension cord to cause a voltage drop.

Thanks.

2 |3000