question

ccraven avatar image
ccraven asked

Smart solar with Wifi

I have a Smart Solar controller with Wifi. Is the wifi on all of the time? Daft question maybe but can this cause a problem if installed in a shed containing flammable liquids?

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@ccraven

You probably mean a SmartSolar with Bluetooth. There is no SmartSolar with Wifi.

However, you should not install the MPPT in the shed which contains flammable liquids.

The manual is very clear about it:

Ensure that the equipment is used under the correct ambient conditions. Never operate the product in a wet or dusty environment. Never use the product where there is a risk of gas or dust explosions. Ensure there is adequate free space for ventilation above and below the product and check that the ventilation vents are not blocked.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ccraven avatar image
ccraven answered ·

Thanks @Stefanie , yes, I meant Bluetooth :-). I've seen lots of pictures on the internet with people mounting them right above the batteries which doesn't seem good. I was thinking of mounting it towards the top of my shed above the door where there should be ventilation. But the shed does also house a petrol lawnmower which worries me. I want it to be safe.

2 |3000