question

mj999 avatar image
mj999 asked

Raspberry pi 4

Hello , I hope someone can help - going backwards. I have a raspberry pi 4. I was running an earlier version of venus OS on it. I did this by following Himmelburger bus. All good. Unfortunately - I became over confident and attempted to upgrade following his latest video. ie Venus OS . wic gz after some time I managed to get something on my pi 's screen but am not stuck. PS - I am a very green novice at thvictron.jpgis. Hope someone can help.

Raspberry Pi
victron.jpg (61.3 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

It looks like Venus is running "headless". That is, no local GUI.

Remove /etc/venus/headless and reboot.

Firmware updates replace the entire root partition where this stuff is kept and the default for Raspberry PI builds is headless.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mj999 avatar image mj999 commented ·
Thanks I will have a go

0 Likes 0 ·
neoneddy avatar image
neoneddy answered ·

Glad you found my video helpful. Sorry it didn't go well. Later in the video I had the same issue and showed how I fixed it.

2 |3000