question

rob-1 avatar image
rob-1 asked

3 Phase Supply - Multiplus only on two.

Is it possible to configure a system that has a 3 phase supply, however only connect Multiplus II 48 5000 to L1 and L2?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniel Tamm avatar image
Daniel Tamm answered ·

I'm also very interested in this question. I think it relates to the question of having one Multiplus on one phase in a 3-phase system and the answer to that.

See https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/multiphase-regulation---further-information.html#UUID-09600a81-ae3d-8b42-9c9b-a35274184f00

Has anyone here any experience of running a Multiplus on only one of the phases and share the neutral (N) with the other phases like in the attached drawing.

elritningar-page-3.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

qcrambes-1 avatar image
qcrambes-1 answered ·

Hello,

I can't really say about your setup (shared neutral) but installing a single phase MP on 3-P grid works. Grid neutral to AC-in and main panel neutral connected to AC-out, we do that quite often here (all critical loads on L1).

When in bypass mode, the neutral is bypassed as well, and in inverter mode the neutral to earth link is made and the inverter supplies only phase 1.

The main issues you may mostly have concern the electrical wiring in the building. We had customers with weird setups to cope with phase loss on the grid side, which triggered RCDs. So be certain the electrical distribution is done properly, and you should not have any problem.

2 |3000