question

rona avatar image
rona asked

Generator disconnect noise in appliance.

When the whisper power 8kw marine generator is shut off there is a long loud [10seconds] noise from the air conditioner s/water pump.I have tried adjusting the voltage cut out point and also disabled the ups .Thinking that i need the generator to disconnect faster from the quattro? 24/8000.Disconnecting the shore power does not create this problem.I want to connect auto start but until I resolve this loud noise i am stuck .Can anyone help me please?

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rona avatar image
rona answered ·

Another clue is that the frequency measured at the pump drops to 45hz immediately the generator is stopped and then slowly [10seconds] and loudly returns to the correct 60hz [quiet]

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rona avatar image
rona answered ·

OK I fixed it by lowering generator output so the no load hz is 61 and the full load hz is 59

Then I removed wide frequency as a choice.

2 |3000