nkonzo avatar image
nkonzo asked

High Frequency issue

Hi,

I have a system with the following:

• 3 x Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100
  • FRONIUS Eco 27.0-3-S
  • 3 x SmartSolar Charger VE.Can 150/70

The Fronius is connected on the Quattro output and now every time the grid falls, the Fronius runs for a couple of seconds then shuts down with error 105, high frequency. How do I rectify this?

frequency
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Nkonzo

Fronius is set to which MG?

Have you checked your settings against the recommended settings?

0 Likes 0 ·
nkonzo avatar image nkonzo Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Fronius is set to MG50.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ nkonzo commented ·
@Nkonzo

What is the frequency on the VRM or GX? Are you the installer? I have neot experienced the 105 personally. But i see here on the forums there are a few posts but no solutioms.

0 Likes 0 ·
marekp avatar image marekp commented ·
@Nkonzo

Maybe unrelated but your Fronius is to big for AC-out of your Victrons.

3 x 8 = 24 < 27

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Please advise update all your firmware to the latest versions and please advise these fw numbers if the problem still occurs.

a copy of all your assistants and how the solar is setup and the size of the connected solar inputs

frequency usually changes when the batteries are full and the system is disconnected from the grid and the solar is making more power that what is being consumed so you have excess power with nowhere for it to go. so under these circumstances - the system needs to derate the grid tie unit.

so a lot more info is needed and maybe your installer can logon and help -

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic