question

Nathan Ciaglia avatar image
Nathan Ciaglia asked

MultiPlus II V.E.Can Speed

Hey Guys,

I have a question on the MultiPlus II units. I thought I would try out the Lynx DC system in my latest 3 phase install and are experiencing some issues getting the Lynx Shunt to communicate with the MultiPlus unit. I have 3 MultiPlus II units, one of which is a GX model with the Lynx distribution system, Lynx Power-in, Lynx Shunt & Lynx Distribuition. All the Multis are connected via V.E. Bus and the Lynx gear is connected to the Multi with GX via V.E. Can.

I have read countless post on the issue and most claim the V.E.Can port speeds don't match each other and it will require special firmware on the MultiPlus units for it to work.

The MultiPlux GX I'M using to connect to the Lynx Shunt is currently running firmware 494.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Nathan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Thierry Cortassa (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

hello

as you can see in the manuel in 4.1.2 (https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_GX/en/product-description.html#UUID-e22dec7d-863a-ec7f-442f-f40c540766fb) the can bus is only for bms can it's not compatible with lynx shunt!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.