question

brian49 avatar image
brian49 asked

Cant connect to MPPT via Bluetooth

Hi there I am a newbie to the forum and to Victron. I have a problem which I hope is an easy fix. I have recently had installed a lithium battery along with a Victron AC to DC, DC to DC and Solar using MPPT 100/30. My problem is that I cant connect to the MPPT via bluetooth. I have attached a photograph showing the connections to both the BMV-712 and the DC to DC and as you can see the MPPT is greyed out, but you can also see that there is a signal coming from the MPPT. I cant connect with the MPPT via my Android Tablet nor my Android Phone. Error messages tell me that there is another device connected to the MPPT but I know for a fact that there isnt. As directed I have gone in and put my device into Aeroplane mode for several minutes then out of Aeroplane mode...No change. After searching Google it suggests that I "reset" the MPPT. This I have done by removing the MPPT fuse for several minutes then reconnected the fuse...no change.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

victron-mppt.jpg

MPPT Controllers
victron-mppt.jpg (22.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi

You should indeed power cycle the MPPT as said above by Matthias. Besides this, what VictronConnect version do you use? This issue should be fixed in a firmware update that was included in VictronConnect v5.53.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

brian49 avatar image
brian49 answered ·

Thanks for the information.

I have successfully "power cycled" (rebooted?) the MPPT and can now access it via bluetooth.

Thanks again.

2 |3000