question

jakewalters avatar image
jakewalters asked

Fluctuating ac output voltage on Phoenix 1200

Hi there, I have a Phoenix 24v 1200w inverter. My app shows the voltage output as a stable 220v never fluctuating. I’ve been having issues with electronics, computers etc, so I checked the voltage output off my sockets and it fluctuating between 213 and 220v. Never stable. Does anyone no what’s going on? I’m worried it’s damaging my electronics.

Many thanks,

Jake

voltage
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Jakewalters

Check your wiring maybe something has gotten looses or shorting?

Did you check voltage at the ac out of the inverter? Both with wiring connected and without?

It is possible the correct voltage is being produced but being messed up in circuit.

0 Likes 0 ·
jakewalters avatar image jakewalters Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks I will check that ASAP
0 Likes 0 ·
jakewalters avatar image jakewalters Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I just checked ac output at the inverter cables disconnected and the same thing happening. Voltage ranging from around 213-220. Any more ideas? :)

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
jakewalters avatar image
jakewalters answered ·

I just checked ac output at the inverter cables disconnected and the same thing happening. Voltage ranging from around 213-220. Any more ideas? :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

@Jakewalters stupid question have are using the eco mode ? As if your consumption is around 15-20W, it may create a false detection (as nothing being connected) and having the a spike returning back to 220V. Mine is set 235VAC and it can vary a little 233-235VAC. Check that, and also increase your voltage to 230VAC which is the electrical standard now in most of the devices.

Michel

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic