question

twtch76 avatar image
twtch76 asked

Battery monitoring with multiple loads

I have a Multiplus II 2x 120 and a blue tooth dongle that I have installed in a fifth wheel camper. I have a 500Ah lifepo4 bank. Because it is a camper, the multiplus is not the only dc load on the battery bank. (lights, water pump, heater motor, slide motors, rams, etc....)_ When I look at the Victron Connect app which gives me a display of the multiplus II I see a battery % value. How accurate is this battery % given that there are additional loads on the battery bank? Does it somehow "Sense" how much is left or is it just keeping track of it by usage (software)?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @twtch76 , and welcome to Community.

For your system, as like you explained it has more loads connected to the battery bank, it will need a battery monitor.

The % shown by the MultiPlus won't be reliable.

More is explained also here: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/configuration.html#UUID-3d1bea6f-30a0-7d84-8ba6-dab25033ba16..

You could add a Victron SmartShunt; and then connect to that using VictronConnect. And to go "all the way" you could go to a GX device, such as the Cerbo GX which manual I linked above.

Have a good weekend, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.