question

ofernander avatar image
ofernander asked

MultiPlus 3k 24v disconnecting AC power with mains still on

Hey all, seeing if anyone else is having this issue. My Multi 3k/70/24v is disconnecting the mains to the system even when supplied with a good AC source. I can't find any reason behind why it's dropping. Nothing in the logs or on the VRM portal gives me any clues.

The problem seems random and will sometimes repeat over and over but sometimes can go weeks without occurring.

As you can see in the picture AC power is supplied and the Multi is detecting it but not connecting to it for some reason.

screenshot-from-2021-12-24-14-37-17.png

Any ideas anyone can give me for trouble shooting efforts would be appreciated.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ofernander avatar image
ofernander answered ·

RESOLVED

My issue was that my inverter was hitting the high voltage limit. Why the inverter doesn't give any indication about this via logs or a pre-built in alarm is beyond me. It was barely hitting that limit and then would go back down but not low enough to meet the threshold to turn back on. I had to adjust the settings with VEconfigure.

Would be nice to have some kind of log or automatic alarm associated with this feature.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Was avatar image
Was answered ·

I have a similar issue with a EasySolar II GX,
When connected to the grid, the Multiplus disconnects sometimes randomly. It connects again after a minute or so. On another post, i was told that it is a known hardware issue that can be fixed by the dealer. I wish someone can help us on how to fix it as i can't have access to the dealer here at this time.
My system has been installed for 2 month only and it is really frustrating to start having problems with it this fast :(

2 |3000