question

hanski avatar image
hanski asked

Grounding for Multiplus and generator

Hi, what position shall in my Multiplus 12V/2000/230V be the ground relay? Enable or disable? I have generator of Honda EZ2200 without any grounding. My system is "off grid" by the lakeside of Finland. I will ground my 230V net inside summergottage to connecting the AC`s PE wire with the ground potential bushbar. The frame of Multiplus and Victron MPPT 150/85 Tr will be connected into the same ground busbar. The batterys negative pole will be connected into the same ground busbar According Victron "Wiring Unlimited".

What position in Multiplus inverter settings is the right one for ground relay fuctionality? It is a littel bit hard to uderastand the function of that relay.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

these type of questions are better asked to a local electrician with knowledge of your local rules.

If you use a floating type generator without any grounding and the multi accepts it's AC as input, the ground relay will be opened (as intended) and you will have no Neutral.

The Ground relay serves the purpose of creating a Neutral in inverter mode.

It depends on your implemented safety mechanisms and local rules, what is right to do.

Best Regards

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hanski avatar image
hanski answered ·

Hi Markus, the earthing is a little bit unfamiliar to me. Can you study my following plan? Is the earthing OK? I do not understand why I should connect the negative pole of the battery as a part of the system.Multiplus järjestelmän kaavio 220 ja DC .pdf

2 |3000