question

apw avatar image
apw asked

BMV712 Charging Amps Different From BMV Amps

Hi there,

I installed my new 712 charger a few weeks ago and all readings were in line with loads and charge as I tried different combinations.

This morning I went down and turned on my battery charger it read 20 Amps while the BM only ready about half of that (11 Amps). When I turned off the charger the BM was reading about -4 amps slowly working it's way down to 0 but never fully getting there.

All loads were off.

Could this be a calibration issue and why would the behavior change even after it was working properly before? Does cold temperature affect the performance? It was down to 0C last night for the first time this year.

Thanks!

Andy

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Temps like this don't affect it. Can you check the readings with a clamp meter? Check the wiring first for loose connections, but I think you need to contact the dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

apw avatar image
apw answered ·

Thanks for the response. All wiring is solid but I will check again. I believe the 20A charger is displaying correct charging amps but I will also check amps with clamp meter. I just noticed yesterday

I'm thinking it could be the monitor - having said that I will try proper calibration and also reconnect after batteries have been fully charged.

Thanks again!

2 |3000