question

battleboxgt avatar image
battleboxgt asked

Is there any way to utilize both chargers in a split phase dual Multiplus setup?

I recently installed two 2000 kva multiplus units to supply split phase power for my mini split. I have a 7000 watt continuous generator but I'm limited to charging at 80 amps. My understanding is that each multiplus could push 80 amps into my battery bank so I was hoping to see around 160 amps going to the battery bank. I have a large battery bank (DIY 22 kWh) so this limitation on charging is very time consuming. It currently takes 8.5 minutes to raise the battery bank by 1%. Any help is apprecitated!

Best,

Nate

Generator
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Is it a split phase generator?
0 Likes 0 ·
battleboxgt avatar image battleboxgt Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
Thank you for the response. It is a Predator 8750 generator. My mini split works with it but I don't know if it is split phase. I assume it is. I has 2 hot legs, a neutral and a ground. I can't find any documentation about what phase the power is in. Is there a way to test if the two hots are offset sine waves?
0 Likes 0 ·
battleboxgt avatar image battleboxgt battleboxgt commented ·
After a bit of google searching I found a post saying these generators are 180 degree split phase. It is also an inverter generator so the power from it is pretty stable.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
battleboxgt avatar image
battleboxgt answered ·

OOF... so sorry to waste anyone's time. I just reviewed specs and see that my inverters only do a max of 50 amps each on charging. Clearly they are both working to deliver 80 amps. I got the specs crossed with the 12v units but I have the 24v ones.

Thanks again for the response

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.