question

supermattze avatar image
supermattze asked

System planning MultiPlus-II on-grid parallel to existing SMA pv

Hello together!

I am an enthusiastic owner of a grid tied pv system. It is a 9.9 kWp system with a SMA STP 10.0 and Sunny Home Manager 2.0. Grid is 230V on 3 phases. I am keen on extending the use of "my own" energy by installing a AC coupled 48V LiFePo4 battery system.

It is planned to use a MultiPlus-II 48/3000/35-32 or 48/5000/70-50, 16x 280Ah LiFePo4 with BMS and a Vernon GX.

In later steps I would think about extending the pv to north side or adding a second battery/MultiPlus-II on an other phase. Whatever makes sense.

My questions:

1) is it possible to use the measurement data provided by the Sunny Home Manager 2.0 within the MultiPlus-II to controll the grid root to approximately neutral whenever the battery has sufficient power (within the limits of the MultiPlus-II) and soes it work well?

2) which MultiPlus-II size would you recommend to me? 3000/5000 or even 8000 as the battery loading current 35/70A seems quite low? Or even another series?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
basil katakuzinos avatar image
basil katakuzinos answered ·

Last i checked SMA inverters are not technicaly allowed on the AC Out side of the inverter, take a read of this.

AC-coupling and the Factor 1.0 rule [Victron Energy]

AC-coupled PV with Fronius PV Inverters [Victron Energy]

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.