question

oliver-agbo avatar image
oliver-agbo asked

PV AMPS NOT READING

Had my inverter hooked up yesterday, Opti Solar, everything works fine yesterday and I could see the Pv voltage and amps on the screen. Today, I can’t see the panels pv current but could see voltage. Pv is connected in series 330watts. 3 in series and connect to another making a string of 3 - 3. Any help pls?

amps
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

oliver-agbo avatar image oliver-agbo commented ·

Current reads on dc meter but not displaying on inverter screen

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Oliver agbo

What product are you using specifically? No Victron product is mentioned and this is a Victron forum, but we can still help a bit.

What is the VOC (measured with a meter) of your panels on the two different strings?

0 Likes 0 ·
oliver-agbo avatar image oliver-agbo Alexandra ♦ commented ·

So sorry, I just realised, using an Opti Solar inverter, getting a reading of 135 VOC from the meter please. Thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ oliver-agbo commented ·

There are quite a few models of the opti solar which one do you have?

Each model has a different range it can have connected and when it starts and uses solar.

screenshot-20210821-193856.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
SP5000, (5000va/5000w)
0 Likes 0 ·

IMG_5508.jpeg

Rated 5000VA/5000W

0 Likes 0 ·
img-5508.jpeg (2.6 MiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ oliver-agbo commented ·
If you switch off the unility power to the inverter does the pv start producing? Or does it just draw the battery down?

The second thing is did the battery switch off or disconnect at anytime while the pv was producing? This can blow the mppt inside.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic