question

saxelbye avatar image
saxelbye asked

Pylontech battery 33% not discharging

Hi, I have recently installed 2 Pylontech batteries. They work fine except that 2 green lights remain on, on each battery all the time. Yesterday was very cloudy so the batteries hardly charged. The 2 lights were on last thing last night and first thing this morning. During the night I seem to be drawing all my power from the National Grid. My question is that the 4 lights equate to about 33% of the total capacity which is not used. Is this a fault or do the batteries retain a third of their capacity as a buffer ? Thanks for any tips.

Pylontech
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

You have not mentioned what other equipment you have. What components do you have in the rest of your system? How are the communication cables set up to the battery set? Are the correct communication cables used and the CAN baud rates correct?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
saxelbye avatar image
saxelbye answered ·

The batteries are controlled by a Solis AC coupled inverter. The correct cables are connected from battery to battery and then to the inverter. The CAN baud rates appear to be correct. Thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

All I can say is that is seems that your Pylontech battery is not receiving any communications from the inverter and it is shutting its self down. If the battery does not receive any "Keep alive" communication then it will disconnect its ouput.
Do you have any Victron equipment in your system?
This is a Victron community space, we can only provide answers related to Victron equipment.
If you need help with Solis equipment then you should contact their support channels or community forum if they have one.

2 |3000