question

stephen-vezina avatar image
stephen-vezina asked

Pylontech us3000c internal failure

I have a single pylontech us3000c that is hooked up with a multiplus, blue solar mppt, and cerbo gx.
The system was initially ran for a couple days and then an alarm happened indicating an Internal Battery Failure. Upon troubleshooting I found that the DVCC was not turned on and the battery is at 54v. So I’m assuming it alarmed internal failure because of over voltage.
I changed the DVCC to on and adjusted the voltage to 52v, but the battery is still in alarm. Is there a way to discharge the battery while in alarm? The max charge and discharge rate has gone to 0A.

Pylontech
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jeepster avatar image jeepster commented ·
Hi, i have a similar setup to yours, and the same issue, I using all victron components except the pylontech batteries and power cables, all working great for about 2 months, only using the system to power light loads such as a pc, then one day i get the red alarm light and all 3 batteries now show no power at the terminals, so i can connect to them with the cerbo, and they will run as signified by the run light but they have no power at the terminals, pylontech have collected one but i bet i get the blame for the failure even though everything was configured according to the victron guide, dvcc was enabled and i lowered the charge voltage as recommended by victron, all of the pylontech fuses are soldered to the board so i bet they will need a new bms,
0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Maybe turning off and disconnect the battery for a while resets the error?

@Ned Yu (Pylontech)

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stephen-vezina avatar image stephen-vezina commented ·
Not so far but depends on what you call a while.
0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I presume that the battery still has power it its terminals? I presume that it is powering the CerboGX? If so, then make sure that the MPPT and MultiPlus do not get a chance to charge. Allow the battery Voltage to come down, the CerboGX will help to discharge it. Once down to a safe level again then everything should work again.
Make sure to check all of your settings to ensure that this battery Voltage cannot be reached again. Adjust all of your charger settings according to the guide:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom
Go through all of the steps again to be sure that you have not missed anything else.

2 comments
2 |3000

stephen-vezina avatar image stephen-vezina commented ·
Thanks for the reply. The battery was not outputting any voltage at all in the alarm mode. The mppt was actually powering the CerboGX directly. This allowed me to still monitor and charge settings on the Pylontech.

There system has been off since friday so hopefully it will self discharge enough to bring the voltage down to an acceptable level

0 Likes 0 ·
winterkoninkje avatar image winterkoninkje stephen-vezina commented ·

I am reading your problems with the Pylontech battery on Aug 09 2021. I have the same issue at the moment. Could you solve the problem?

0 Likes 0 ·
biz avatar image
biz answered ·

i have 8 pylontechUS3000C battery installed in pack of 4 each 6 not powering and have internal failure alarm, we tried disconnect and leave them for 48 hours, tried to charge them after then. alarm never go off and still the same. what could be the problem

2 |3000

tegang daquin avatar image
tegang daquin answered ·

Updating the batteries with the new firmware V1.7 will solve the problem.

I have helped several customers in this way.

2 |3000

rainer avatar image
rainer answered ·

I had contacted Pylontech for the update. They sent me the zip file with the firmware and BatteryView as the program to perform the update. Unfortunately, the BatteryView software was not able to update and it failed to scan the Pylontech batteries. During connection of the BatteryView software with the Pylontech batteries, the software encountered an unexpected EOF (end of file) after reading the basic Pylontech battery parameters. Pylontech support was not able to resolve the issue and suggested that I return the batteries to the distributor.

2 comments
2 |3000

ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·

You need "Upgrade Tool V1.0.9" to upgrade the new software on the US range. See if they can send it to you.

0 Likes 0 ·
ponzoa avatar image ponzoa commented ·
ONLY VALID FOR US3000C AND USED WITH CAUTION

This is the link for the software and instructions

I am NOT responsible if you damage your batteries. Is your not confident or sure, have a professional do it.

0 Likes 0 ·
mathewst avatar image
mathewst answered ·

im here too

2 |3000