question

dr-gerhard-baier avatar image
dr-gerhard-baier asked

Venus GX for reading charge state/level of a pylontech US2000B

Hello, I have Pylontech US2000 unit and I want to connect the VENUS GX via the CAN-Bus-cable to the Pylontech unit for the following purposes

- See the charging Level of the Pylontech via Internet (Victron Cloud)

- use the Venus for switching relais according the charging state/Level of the Pylontech for at least one external load

- is it possible to switch more than load according to the charging state (eg. Load 1 at 50% load , load 2 at 70% load??)

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

The first two are no problem.
switching two outputs is as far as I know only possible with a Multi / Quattro unit (using assistants)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dr-gerhard-baier avatar image
dr-gerhard-baier answered ·

Hallo @Boekel,

thanks for the respond. So I will get a VENUS GX and add it to my Pylontech Battery unit. I have already the Victron BMV 712 - this gives Rough Information - but direct communication to the battery ist better.

What do you mean: Multi / Quattro unit ??

4 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

You didn't mention if you have Victron inverters in the system / and if so what type, so that's why I mentioned Multi / Quattro.

0 Likes 0 ·
dr-gerhard-baier avatar image dr-gerhard-baier commented ·

Hallo @Boekel,

I have an Effekta HX 10.000 hybrid Inverter. This System does not talk to Pylontech. Therefore I try to use Victron components for detailed information and Control functions.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ dr-gerhard-baier commented ·

Just to clarify, you do realise the the Venus is not going to talk to your inverter?

0 Likes 0 ·
dr-gerhard-baier avatar image dr-gerhard-baier wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Hi,

I know that my inverer is not supported. But if you can get detailed Infos out of the battery and use this Information to control the consumer systems (eg. heating of the water, air conditioning systems…) is already very useful.

0 Likes 0 ·