question

zameer-andani avatar image

Can I stack multiple loads on an ouput within a lynx distributor?

I'm trying to layout the electric in my camper van and am thinking of having 2 DC fuse blocks (passenger's side, driver's side).

I have 5 loads in total (1 inverter, 1 dc-to-dc charger, 1 solar, 2 dc fuse blocks).

Rather than buying 2 lynx distributors, I'm wondering if I could just stack the +ve and -ve of both my fuse blocks onto a single load output in the lynx distributor (of course adjusting gauge and fuse).

Is this recommended, or not - can anyone highlight issues in doing this?

ESScampervan
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jerothle avatar image
jerothle answered ·

Hi Zameer, I did as you describe. 4/0 welding cable for inverter (with mega fuse) on one set of the buss bar bolts, and on the other bolts with fuses; 2 gauge, 4 gauge, up to 6 gauge for remote fuse blocks. The Panduit lugs I used don't stack well together on one bolt when using fuses across the buss bar bolts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Always avoid puting more than one wire lug on a bolt (especially for high current/Amps).

You can use the other end of the busbar for the 5th wire.

2 |3000