question

alexandervich avatar image
alexandervich asked

VRM remote console data has stopped updating about 4 hours ago

The online portal stopped updating at 09:44:41 today (last connection time). I have checked the router connection and all seems to be OK. Is there an issue with the Cloud at the moment?
screenshot-2021-06-29-at-140914.png

remote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
michelg avatar image
michelg answered ·

Hi Alexandervich, I have seen data inconsistencies (displayed values VRM) since this morning. It could be a problem on their database, or an issue with an updated version of the VRM.

Michel

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

alexandervich avatar image
alexandervich answered ·

I have accessed the GX via the direct WiFi and get the following error: #153 Connection Error, Temporary failure in name resolution. Any ideas what this means?! Pic below.

screenshot-2021-06-29-at-143026.png

4 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·
@alexandervich

It's still up. Try rebooting the GX from within. You could also enable that HTTPS, which works for me.

0 Likes 0 ·
alexandervich avatar image alexandervich JohnC ♦ commented ·
Thanks John. Tried rebooting the GX. No change. I have been using a TP Link to connect to my router and re-booted that. No change. So then I set up a WiFi connection instead, and everything is now back live. So I may need to do something about my TP Link or potentially the LAN cable connected to it. Thanks for your assistance.
0 Likes 0 ·
michelg avatar image michelg commented ·
@alexandervich "failure in name resolution" = DNS issue. It could be a problem with your DNS provider (router) so the Cerbo GX is unable to connect to the server.

Reboot Cerbo GX to see if it works

Reboot your router

If still having the issue, try changing the DNS parameters to 8.8.8.8. or 8.8.4.4 which are google DNS servers.

Reboot both Cerbo & Router

Michel

0 Likes 0 ·
alexandervich avatar image alexandervich michelg commented ·
Thanks Michel. I have resolved (see response to JohnC above).
0 Likes 0 ·
jw1971 avatar image
jw1971 answered ·

I've seen this issue last 2 nights. If I go into the Cerbo and disable the wifi network, wait 30 seconds, and re-enable, it reconnects and catches up in VRM with no data lost.

So you have a Touch-50 installed?

2 |3000

radetzky avatar image
radetzky answered ·

Same problem with my Venux GX since last night. Nothing has changed in my setup and I don‘t have at the moment physical access to the device to reboot it. There is something going with Victron‘s service that is usually very reliable.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic