question

bung20 avatar image
bung20 asked

Orion Tr Smart 30-30 firmware crashed

My Orion TR 30-30 non-isolated did not load the batteries during my last drive. After investigating the issue I found that apparently the firmware was stuck/ crashed. The input voltage was displayed as being 12,4V while it actually was 12,7V.

Resetting the setting to factory defaults did not solve the problem. I had to disconnect input and output for a few minutes until Bluetooth connection was no longer possible. Then it worked again and is also charging again

Did anyone have this issue as well? Is there a way to fix it except physically disconnecting the ports?

e5e151b8-6f14-44f4-b7e4-5b358cca5c12.png

f382df62-c4eb-4800-bfec-2e5a9d17edeb.jpeg

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
samu avatar image
samu answered ·

Hello,

yes I had the same issue. Input and output voltage frooze. The Status in the App was strange (sometimes charging, sometimes not even when it was...)

I disconnected the Orion while I prepared my mesurement gear for a warranty claim. After this it worked again :D

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ianaus avatar image
ianaus answered ·

I get the same type of lockup with mine. I have tried this with another unit with similar issues.

The first one would lock up with a 12.3v or 12.4v on input on the display, but the volts on input were more like over 13. Disconnecting the input power would reset the unit. The other problem was after a week or so, the Orion would cause the volts on the lithium battery to fall to 12.19V. This would be fixed by restarting the unit and recharging the battery.

The replacement unit now does the voltage lockup on 12.1v and occurs after noon on a Sunday. Very odd. I have had it for 3 weeks now.

2 comments
2 |3000

ianaus avatar image ianaus commented ·

76fc4bc5-3623-4ca3-9029-5594a4ce94ee.jpegImage Caption

0 Likes 0 ·
ianaus avatar image ianaus commented ·

Here are some more screen shots of the faults

0 Likes 0 ·
urs-odermatt avatar image
urs-odermatt answered ·

same problem here. in charging mode it gets stuck. not so in dc to dc mode.

i believe heat triggers it.

2 |3000

urs-odermatt avatar image
urs-odermatt answered ·

i would hope victron looks into that

1 comment
2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
This is a roughly 3-year-old thread, and many improvements -both in HW as well as FW revisions- have been made since then. If you're experiencing issues with your unit, please reach out for technical support to the authorized dealer or distributor from whom you purchased the unit!
0 Likes 0 ·