question

kevinped avatar image
kevinped asked

blue charger ip67 - No AGM mode

I have bought the Blue charger ip67 model with 25 amp for a 210 ah AGM set from Varta.

There are no AGM setting. Just "normal", "high" and "li-on". I've been using the "normal" but a bit sketchy that it ramps the voltages up to 14.7, where i thought AGM wasn't happy about going over 14.4

Any advice?

AGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know its only got one mode

as per its spec sheet

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Datasheet-Blue-Power-IP67-Charger-Waterproof-EN.pdf

so it should only have a max voltage of 14.4 is there anything else charge wise connected to the battery.

so what are you using to read 14.7 maybe check the battery voltage with a different meter.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markcx avatar image
markcx answered ·

My IP67 does the same. I set it to 14.4V for my AGMs and it is absorbing at about 14.6V. I assumed it was doing some sort of adjustment for temperature - it’s about 5°C where I am. I hope this is the case!

2 |3000

thorvald avatar image
thorvald answered ·

Yikes! We just bought a ton of Blue Solar IP67 and IP65 chargers.

The IP65 say "AGM" right on the box but the IP67 do not. There is no AGM setting in the App, just the normal 14.4 and high 14.7 settings (among others).

Does the IP67 not properly charge AGM Batteries?

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Thorvald

All the chargers can be custom configured since a long time already, this topic is quite old.

0 Likes 0 ·
thorvald avatar image thorvald Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Awesome thanks. I had to turn on advanced setting and then export mode, then I saw the presets like on the SmartShunt. Now I can get it exactly as now the manufacturer recommends.

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic