question

dave avatar image
dave asked

Hi I have a IP22 30amp 3 outlet charger and was wondering what the maximum ah you can connect in one battery bank 400ah 600ah 800ah?? Can someone please help as I cannot find anything in the manual

Can you have multiple battery banks connected

battery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
murph avatar image
murph answered ·

Each outlet serves a separate bank. The lower limit on bank size depends on the type of battery. For example, AGM & Gel are usually 0.2C maximum recommended charge current, but LFP is often 0.5C (or 2C at the expense of possibly reduced cycle life). A 30A charger needs at least 150Ah at 0.2C, or 60Ah at 0.5C. With configurable chargers, you can obviously limit the current to charge smaller batteries (if necessary).

The upper limit is not so strict. In practical terms, it's usual to aim for at least 0.1C (i.e. 300Ah on a 30A charger), so that you can charge in a reasonable period of time. If only shallow discharge & float service is needed, you could possibly go much larger.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic