question

hgut avatar image
hgut asked

2 pylontech CAN BMS on one Cerbo gx

I have 2 arrays of pylontech batteries (each 8 pieces). They are on the same voltage rail. But im only able to connect one of the can BMS connectons, when i connect the second one, i don´t see a second battery. The values on the screen switch ( 1 sec the values from the first 1 sec. the values from the second array). The both communicate, i see the current is slightly differnt. is it bossible the get 2 batteries in the visualisation? Thanks

Pylontech
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The two connectors "BMS-Can" is actually one interface. The two connectors are presented because CANBUS is a BUS system, so the two connectors allow passthrough if the Cerbo is in the middle of the wire bus. If the Cerbo is at the end of the wire bus, then the second connector of the Cerbo should have a terminator there.

You have effectively connected 16 Pylontech modules to the Cerbo in your case.
You did not mention which model of Pylontech you are using, only the "USx000C" versions can have 16 units in one group without LV hub.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.