question

simon-forester avatar image
simon-forester asked

Dual BMV displays

Hello, i currently have an easysolar, BMV, etc all installed at the back of a narrow boat with the engine.

The BMV is connected via ve direct cable to the easysolar colour control gx, so needs to be at the back of the boat. I would like a monitor at the front to quickly see what the state of the battery is.

So the question.

Can the rj11 cable be connected to a splitter so the shunt can be connected to two displays, or would this beak it?

Many thanks,

Simon

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This would not work.
The BMV head is more than just a display, the Voltage measurements and the calculations are done in there too. Having to units trying to measure the Voltages from the one shunt would cause inaccuracies and the two units would never agree.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simon-forester avatar image simon-forester commented ·
Thank you, I did think it wasn't as simple as that.
0 Likes 0 ·
hwassermann avatar image hwassermann commented ·

Despite the fact that the 2 units would likely never agree (assuming minor configuration differences and computational drift due to unsynchronised polling), is it nonetheless possible to power and operate 2 BMV heads by splitting the RJ12 cables?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic