question

james-e avatar image
james-e asked

UPS mode in Quattro

Hi, @mpvader this is continuation from Disqus thread ... I want to use the Quattro to supply / protect sensitive equipment. I have 3 questions related to this:

1. There are settings in VEConfig for undervoltage and overvoltage, but no setting for frequecy tolerance - the only setting I see is to select wide range, or standard - does anyone know the tolerance +/- allowed from 50Hz before unit rejects AC input and goes into UPS mode ?

2. Anyone know the power quality of the generated sinewave when in UPS mode? Has anyone ever done a waveform capture?

3. finally is there a way to make the Quattro accept AC input to charge batteries but remain in UPS mode - i.e. to effectively act like a double conversion UPS, so AC in does not power loads, only charges batteries, and the Quattro generates the AC waveform - i.e. isolation from mains?

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I realise the you are waiting for @mvader to answer, but maybe he is busy.

1) According to the Quattro manual there are input ranges of 45-65Hz, 45-55Hz and 55-65Hz
So, with the box un-ticked I would say 45-55Hz.

2) It depends on how reactive the load is. Below is an oscilloscope capture from my 3KVA MultiPlus driving a 2.2KW electric iron. As expected, you can see a pure sinewave, and you can also see that the grid is disconnected and the transfer switch is open, inverter only.

3) No, once the transfer switch is closed then AC-OUT will be the same as AC-IN.

scope-6.jpg (136.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

james-e avatar image james-e commented ·

@Wkirby thank you for this, and sorry for taking so long to send thanks - but that is exactly what I was looking for - much appreciated

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic